Wednesday, April 2, 2008

MQX

Every spring the Machine Quilting Expo is held in Manchester, NH with a quilt show, machine quilting classes and lots of vendors. I was scheduled to go last year but then a family health emergency required me to cancel out at the last minute. I had not really thought about going this year but yesterday was checking my United Frequent Flyer miles and discovered that all my miles were getting ready to expire this summer..... what to do!!

With a little prompting from a quilting buddy in New Hampshire and agreement from my husband I checked it out and was able to find both a flight to use my miles and a hotel room still available about two blocks from the convention center.

All that left was to find out if there were any classes I wanted to take still available. I lucked out and signed up for 3 classes today, one of them with Linda Taylor and I am so excited. I used to get up at 6:00 a.m. on saturday mornings to watch Linda's Long Arm Quilting so I am thrilled to be actually taking a class from her.

I don't know what I am more excited about, the quilts, the classes, the VENDORS, or seeing my good friend Mary Lou again. I hope the next two weeks fly by.

No comments: