Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday already?

I was doing great with my blogging last week and then life got so busy I have not blogged or read any of my favorite blogs in days.

Last thursday I met with our local Hospice volunteer coordinator and we were talking about quilts for our counties Hospice House that is expected to be completed in June. I volunteered to coordinate getting 12 lap quilts completed prior to patients being admitted this summer (tentatively July timeframe).

I have been busy sending out emails to people in my various quilting groups and am really pleased with so much positive response. There are not very many people I know thats lives have not been touched by hospice in some way. I even have offers from a couple of people from the Heartstrings internet quilt group and from a friend in New Hampshire to make a quilt to add to our donation.

Our guild has a once a month "sew in" at our local library. Sometimes they have a workshop on a specific technique or project but if you want you can come and work on anything. The project this time is a great bag made with the colorful pet screen but in addition we are also going to combine it with sewing for hospice. I am going to make up a sample string block to show at the guild tonight as our hospice project for this saturday. These blocks are great and easy to make and appropriate for any skill level.

So that I have a picture to show with todays post I will show you what I was up to yesterday. I took a quilting class with Gyleen Fitzgerald on a pattern called "Anything Goes Star Tessellation." I have a long way to go but this is what I accomplished yesterday. The piecing is easy, the hard part is keeping track of all the pieces and what goes where.



Kathie

No comments: