Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Project


The yahoo group Heart Strings that I am part of is encouraging everyone to do a red/white and blue project this weekend in honor of Memorial Day with the quilts to be donated to QOV, American Heros or other organizations that collect quilts for the wounded. I decided to join the group that is making some patriotic chinese coins units to later be made into quilt tops and have asked that others in my quilt guild contribute if they have the time and interest to do so.


I am doing these blocks to honor the troops currently in service both in the US and deployed that keep us safe. I also do these in honor of my dad that was a World War II vet. He has been gone for many years but on holidays like this I always think of him.


1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

They look great Kathie, I like the patriotic fabrics. Thanks for participating!