Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Stash Report - July 6, 2014

I hope that everyone is having a great 4th of July weekend.  We have been enjoying a nice visit from our daughter, home from college internship.

I have managed to get a few things quilted this week, a table runner and wall hanging top completed and backings made for a couple of items.

Here is the table runner I made inspired by a video from Missouri Star Quilt Company.  She did hers in summer colors and I believed called it a beach ball quilt but I used left over binding strips and mine I think looks like Christmas ornaments.

Think I will make another one of these but next time I will have some of the blocks facing up and down and not all of them sideways.

My current stats are:

Fabric added this week:  5.25 yards for backings
Fabric used this week:  9 yards

Fabric added YTD:  107.75
Fabric used YTD:  185.5

Net fabric used in 2014:  77.75

I want to try and push that net used number up past 100 yards this summer.

3 comments:

ozzypip said...

the table runner is looking lovely. It does look like Christmas ornaments, you are right. You are doing well with your usage versus purchases. Well done. I have a few big finishes coming up and that should improve my stats too

Kate said...

Fun table runner! What a great way to use up left overs.

Good luck with your stash busting goal.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love that table runner. It will look great at the holidays.