Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Stash Report - February 23, 2014

It was a busy week with a couple of appointments, a sew in and daughter home from college for the weekend.   I surprised myself with how much I got done in the last week.  

I did "purchase" more fabric from my mini shop for two backings but since I laundered them and pieced the backings right away I don't feel bad about that at all as they never touched my stash shelves.  

I used fabric this week for the two backings, backing for a couple of table runners and am claiming yardage from a small quilt that my Husband put together strictly from leftovers from my stash.  

Current Stats are:

Fabric used this week:  12.25
Fabric purchased this week:  6.75

Fabric used YTD:  51 yards
Fabric purchased YTD:  8.75

I do love the ratio of stash to purchase usage.  I hope I will be able to keep that up the great numbers as I am going to the Mid Atlantic Quilt Show the end of the week.  I think if I go with a couple of specific missions in mind (like I need about 1/2 yard of a burnt orange) hopefully I will keep my purchases low.

4 comments:

Charlene S said...

At the rate you are using up stash, a few purchases will disappear quickly!

DeeDee said...

Hope you find some wonderful treasures at the quilt show.

Kate said...

You have some cushion in your usage numbers to let you come home with "must haves" from the show. Enjoy!

kwiltnkats said...

Have a wonderful time at the quilt show. There are always things to tempt us... You and your hubby are doing great with your stash.