Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Stashbusting and Completions

Purchased a new computer and it doesn't have all the photo software loaded yet so have been unable to post any new pictures. I did finish the frog baby quilt and delivered it to the lady at work and she was thrilled with it. I also finally completed the binding on my heart quilt. Now all I need to do is put a hanging sleeve on the back and it will be ready for our local quilt show next month.

Spent a couple days away from home over my daughter's recent spring break from school. I visited two quilt shops (of course) and managed to stay on track. I went with a list of 4 items I was hoping to find. I found 3 of them and did not purchase any additional fabric. I got the fun of checking out all the new fabric lines, doing some shopping and not adding any additional fabrics "just because".

I currently don't have any customer quilts to work on so am taking the opportunity to quilt a red/white/blue charity quilt for the quilt guild and after that I hope to get an old UFO on the frame and finished up. The UFO challenge we are having in the quilt guild is motivating me to get some of those UFOs totally done.

I still have not purchased any yardage for quilt backings in 2008. I am using up some of the yardage I had previously purchased plus piecing a lot of my backings with 10 1/2 squares. I am actually finally seeing a slight reduction in some of my stacks of fabric. Stashbusting can be fun!!!

No comments: