Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hello

Welcome to my first attempt at blogging! As you can probably tell by the title of the blog, I intend to talk mostly about quilting.

I have been quilting for about 9 years and selling quilted items at local craft shows for the past six years. In 2008, I hope to be ready to take the leap and give up my day job to begin my own quilting business.

I never thought how much work it would be just setting up a small business - I have received a Federal Tax I.D., applied for a state Sales and Use Tax License, set up a PayPal account, an Etsy store, and this blog. Next comes a website and I think I will be ready to go.

It will be a one-person operation to begin with, mainly providing machine quilting services. In my down time, I will continue to make table runners, wall hangings, baby quilts and other small quilted items to sell at craft fairs.

I will try to post regularly, but do expect life to get in the way at times. With luck, I'll be so busy quilting that I won't have time to blog! I hope you'll check back from time to time to check my progress and benefit from my experiences.

Kathie

2 comments:

mlbenoit said...

Hello Kathie

This is great, I love it.
Ed you did a GREAT job.

The beginning of the next great career.

Lou

bingo~bonnie said...

saw yout post on the heartstring project and where you signed off with your blog addy and it led me here ;)

Love your photo in the first post! What a very pretty purple string star! :) Good luck to you in you goal of quiting your day job this year!

I've gotcha bookmarked and I'll be back. ~bonnie