Monday, February 1, 2010

Design Wall Monday - Feb 1st

After several weeks I finally have something different on my design wall. I got the Monet quilt all quilted and the binding is now in process. I will post a picture again once it is totally done.

We were snowed in (10 plus inches) this weekend so took the opportunity to go through a bin of fabrics. I guess this bin could be called PIGS because I have fabrics tied together and some of them have patterns attached or notes on what my initial idea was to make with the fabrics.

I found a nice bundle with a pretty springy floral and decided to make a warm wishes quilt. Something about sewing on a spring fabric in the middle of a snow storm that made the weather not quite as bad.


kathie

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Not being a lover of the cold I'm glad I will never have to write the words snowed in LOL

The start of your new quilt is very pretty.

Dawn-Marie said...

Isn't it great to get something completed and be able to start on something new. Way to go!

Teaquilts said...

Congrats on finishing the Monet quilt. Still haven't started mine yet - too many other items on my list ahead of it.

The spring quilt is pretty.

Diane said...

I like the spring colors!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very pretty! look forward to seeing Monet!

KatieQ said...

The colors look great. It really does have a springy feeling. Can't wait to see your Monet quilt.

Gari in AL said...

In my blog reading it seems like lots of us were cleaning up and finding things to work on. I really like your Spring fabric: such a hopeful look.

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

I like what the floral print does to your quilt. This is a happy quilt!

the writer said...

I love your fabrics. . . it will be fun to watch the quilt grow.

Mary Johnson said...

Cute, I like how the blocks come forward and recede in this one.