Tuesday, March 4, 2008

UFO #3 Finished



Finished my 3rd UFO of 2008 and it was also one of my oldest UFOs. About 6 years ago when my daughter was in 2nd grade she was in brownies. For one of their badges I helped them create quilt blocks using fabric markers. I then put the top together and the intention was to donate the quilt to charity from the girls. Needless to say it was folded up, put on my UFO shelf and gradually got lost under numerous other projects.

My quilt guild is having a UFO challenge this year and as part of documenting all those UFOs the quilt was again found. I finished quilting it over the weekend and took the last stitch in the binding last night. The quilt will finally be dropped off with my guild next monday night as a charity donation. Just six years late.

3 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

What an adorable quilt ... so sweet. Someone will really LOVE it.

Mary Johnson said...

Very cute, how nice to have it finished.

Becky said...

I love that quilt. It made me smile when I looked at it. The bigger smile was from the image of a bunch of little girls coloring to their hears content. Thanks for sharing it!!!